People who have achieved much in life will leave a trail of wisdom behind. And as we glean from the words of the wise, we let the words sink in and realise that anything is possible. So here’s our first collection of favourite quotes on sustainability, environment and education. Because without knowledge, how can the young and old learn about caring for the environment?
Sometimes we need a pep talk, other times we need inspiring quotes to keep going. We hope these quotes inspire you to take sustainable actions in your life, no matter how big or small!
You can find strength in small numbers.
1. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead
Tell the world that science, without heart, is no education at all!
2. The proper use of science is not to conquer nature, but to live in it. – Barry Commoner
Every child is unique! Let’s encourage tolerance and diversity through art!
3. Art has the role in education of helping children become like themselves instead of more like everyone else. – Sydney Gurewitz Clemens
Save our planet. It’s the only home we have!
4. The truth is: the natural world is changing. And we are totally dependent on that world. It provides our food, water & air. It is the most precious thing we have & we need to defend it. – David Attenborough
Exercising keeps our body & mind healthy. Get up and enjoy those feel-good neurotransmitters!
5. Exercise is amazing, from the inside out. I feel so alive and have more energy. – Vanessa Hudgens
When you stop the fires, you stop the haze and allow wildlife and humanity to breathe easy.
6. Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife are in fact plans to protect man. – Stewart Udall
Let the mind wander with intent. Be curious, ask questions and don’t stop learning!
7. Learning never exhausts the mind. – Leonardo Davinci
Read, play, explore, experiment. The world provides us with meaningful opportunities to learn and grow. Education will bring you places!
8. Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – Nelson Mandela
Seek joy. Enjoy happiness. Live every moment like it’s the last!
9. The best way to pay for a lovely moment is to enjoy it. – Richard Bach
Spend time in the beauty of Nature. Soak up all its goodness!
10. Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. – Rachel Carson
Feel free to share the artwork with friends and family. Let the world know what you care!
What are some of your favourite quotes on education, sustainability and our environment? Please leave them in the comments!